Ilpoom JINRO 1924
Ilpoom JINRO 1924
|Description||We discarded the undiluted liquid produced at the beginning and end of the distillation, and only used what was produced during distillation to capture excellent fragrance and flavor. By using the freezing filtration process, we removed the odor and impurities from the distilled crude liquid of 100% pure rice from distillation. This enables it to embody a crisp flavor and make it soft on the throat, thereby completing the delicate flavor and deep savor preferred by Korean consumers|
Learned how to make soju by distilling grain wine from Mongolia
Established Jincheon Brewing Company, the predecessor of JINRO
Korea become crowded with 1,303 breweries
Enacted the Liquor Tax Act and classified soju into two types: distilled type and diluted type
The Grain Management Act prohibited the manufacturing of liquor with grains Substituted distilled and diluted types of soju
Merged and abolished alcohol manufactures (the principle of “one company in one province”, limited soju to be sold only in local province of producer)
Fully opened the soju market, ushering in an era of unlimited competition
Became a national company that has shared Korean’s joy and sorrows
Future of Soju
- HITEJINRO’s 95 years of know-how
- Ongoing love for soju
- Consumer needs for new flavor
In the past, soju was classified into two types: distilled and diluted. The distilled soju undergoes a single distillation after fermenting materials containing starch, such as grain, with soup and water. It is a traditional type of liquor that is made by distilled crude liquid of 45% ABV and being diluted by water according to the characteristics of the product.
In order to make diluted soju, on the other hand, 95% alcohol which was made by continuous distillation after fermenting ingredients containing starch or sugar, are diluted with water to adjust its ABV. However, as the Liquor Tax Act was amended in 2013, all of the above alcoholic beverages are now officially called soju without distinction of names.
- 01. Fill only two third of the glass
- The Ilpoom JINRO 1924 glass has a narrower rim for keeping the aroma. Fill only two third of the glass since the scent on the rim makes it more aromatic.
- 02. Wait for 2 minutes
- Leave it for 2 minutes at room temperature to fill the aroma.
- 03. Drink at 8 - 10℃ for the best taste
- Drink at 1 - 2 degrees higher than normal drinking temperature. However, you can also enjoy the rich aroma at room temperature.
- Ilpoom JINRO 1924 + carbonated water + ice: Clean, fresh taste in the summer for those who enjoy light beverages
- Ilpoom JINRO 1924 + warm water: The aroma of trees gives you a feeling of warmth
병 375 mL