History of Soju
- 01 Distilled alcoholic beverages such as soju originated from the alcohol made using the distillation method developed by alchemists in Arabia in the 10th century. In Korea, it was introduced by Mongolians in late Goryeo.
- 02 At the time, soju was made using the old distillation method. After the continuous distillation process was invented in the 19th century, the first alcoholic beverage plant was established.
- Recycling of bottles can save our precious resources! Please keep in mind the following!
- - Fully empty the bottles.
- - Do not put anything such as cigarette butts and sesame oil.
- - Do not break empty bottles.
- - Sort bottles according to their colors and product types.
- - Put the cap back on an empty bottle.
- * Not following these recommendations makes it hard to recycle used bottles and
preserve our resources and environment.
Picking Right Soju?
Filtered through bamboo charcoal 4 times for dew-like clarity-Chamisul Fresh
The original soju with original flavor-Chamisul Original
- Filtered 4 times through bamboo charcoal, this product has a clear taste. Ingredients that contribute to hangover is removed from the liquor, making it easy to drink and helping you wake up fresher in the morning.
- The original soju, back with an ultra-clear taste and sensible design-JINRO
- The original heritage of soju retained by JINRO is reinterpreted with modern sensibility through the sky-blue color design, as well as the ultra-clear taste from the soft and clean 16.5% flavor.
- Premium distilled Soju made from liquid of 100% pure rice - Ilpoom JINRO
- It is the best premium soju that is made up of the best brewing technology in the history and tradition of the country since 1924. We removed impurities by the freezing filtration method, and added a thick and deep flavor and softness by using medium distillation liquid.
- Authentic soju to keep the quality of original - Jinro Gold
- Jinro Gold is very clean with ultra-precision filtration. It has been steadily loved throughout the country, and since its launch in 1993, it has continued the tradition of authentic soju.
- Consumer choice – hite Soju
- Mid- to long-term CSR 4 core projects and goals HITEJINRO is the first Korean liquor industry to see 100 years and take responsibility and a leading role. We aim to continue another for 100 years through various social contribution activities, focusing on the four initiatives, win-win, environment, safety, service and donation.
Pleasant & Enjoyable Drinking
- Pleasant and sparking- JINRO TokTok Peach, JINRO TokTok Pineapple
- The sparking carbonation in JINRO TokTok brings sweet tastes that can satisfy anyone. The low alcohol content of 3% helps consumers enjoy good times with good people even more.
- Delightful mood Delicious dew - Jinro Grapefruit, Jinro Green Grape
- Grapefruit, which is a slim fruit that women love and green fruit, which is good for restoring fatigue, meets with Korea's representative Soju Chamisul. A fresh and cool taste is added and burden is lowered so everyone can enjoy lightly.
- Sweet elegant plum wine – Maehwasoo
- On the day Maehwasoo blooms ~ the sweetness blossoms elegantly. You can feel the sweet plum taste and soft flavor from the raw liquid material of the plum which is filtered by the cold filtration and carefully selected with high quality.
- Wines rich in taste and favor with the undiluted Spanish red wine - Jinro House Wine
- Jinro wine that captivated Koreans for a long time is made from the high quality varieties of Spain, the world's top three wine producing countries and is steadily loved as an affordable price of house wine with rich taste and flavor
Soju handling information
- When opening soju
When opening a soju bottle, carefully rotate the top part of the cap
counterclockwise using your thumb and index finger.
- How to store soju
When storing, avoid high temperature and humidity. Keep in a shaded,
well-ventilated, and cool place away from the sunlight.
- Stevia contained in soju
Stevia is a natural perennial herbal plant belonging to the chrysanthemum family with a refreshing sweet taste.
Although it is 200 to 300 times sweeter than sugar, it has little to no calories. Flying insects are attracted to the alcohol in liquor and the strong fragrance of stevia.is a low-quality mixed
※ Please note that the natural sweetening components of Stevia may attract flying insects into opened soju.
- Is soju made chemically? No.
- For convenience, soju is often called diluted spirit, which makes many consumers and even some experts think that it is a low-quality mixed drink made with chemical process. Diluted spirit, however, is not a term that accurately reflects what soju is. Soju is grain spirit because it is made by fermenting, diluting, and filtering rice, barley, sweet potato, or tapioca. A better term would be to call our products “modern soju.”
- Why do I smell petroleum in soju?
- Petroleum, cosmetics, and other such chemical products are highly volatile. Because soju bottle caps are porous for gases, such evaporated gases may enter the soju bottle, creating unpleasant odors. As such, soju bottles should not be stored in an enclosed space with petroleum products.
- The bottle neck broke when I was opening the bottle cap. What happened?
- Soju bottles are made with glass, and as such their neck, cap, and bottom may break even with light shock during distribution or handling. Consumers are advised to exercise caution as shattered bottles can inflict bodily injuries. If you find damaged products, do not consume and request an exchange at the retail store or a store manager.
- Can glass shards come out when pouring the soju?
- If a restaurant or a bar stacks their shot glasses for storage, such glasses may break when separating them or when shock is applied. In such cases, glass shards may be found in soju. This, however, is a problem with handling and distribution, not with production.
- What is the error tolerance for bottle capacity in soju?
- According to the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, bottles with products filled up to the red line are normal.