customer Guide to Alcoholic Beverages
HITEJINRO’s Guide to Alcoholic Beverages.
The more you know about soju, the better it tastes.
History of Soju
- 01 Distilled alcoholic beverages such as soju originated from the alcohol made using the distillation method developed by alchemists in Arabia in the 10th century. In Korea, it was introduced by Mongolians in late Goryeo.
- 02 Soju at this time was a distilled one and soju of today began to be made when the alcohol factory was first built during the Japanese colonial period when a continuous still was invented in the 19th century.
Best Temperature for Soju
Most of the time, we drink soju cold. However, if it is too cold, it is hard to taste as the cold is numbing. Soju tastes best when served at a temperature of 8 - 10℃ since you can taste all its flavor. * When you take out soju stored at a temperature of 4 - 5℃ (refrigerator), the temperature of the serving glass is about 8 - 10℃.
- Recycling of bottles can save our precious resources! Please keep in mind the following!
- - Fully empty the bottles.
- - Do not put anything such as cigarette butts and sesame oil.
- - Do not break empty bottles.
- - Sort bottles according to their colors and product types.
- - Put the cap back on an empty bottle.
- * Not following these recommendations makes it hard to recycle used bottles and
preserve our resources and environment.
Picking Right Soju?
Filtered through bamboo charcoal 4 times for dew-like clarity-Chamisul Fresh
The original soju with original flavor-Chamisul Original
- Filtered 4 times through bamboo charcoal, this product has a clear taste. Ingredients that contribute to hangover is removed from the liquor, making it easy to drink and helping you wake up fresher in the morning.
- JINRO, an original soju, is back with more clean taste with zero sugar added
- By reinterpreting the original heritage that only JINRO has with modern concept, it is restored as sky blue colored bottles. Without adding any sugar, it completed the original recipe of JINRO by lowering the ABV to 16%, offering a cleaner and smoother taste.
- Super premium distilled liquor with heritage - JINRO 1924 HERITAGE
- Using 100% premium Icheon rice that was used for Kings, the purest essence was extracted through two additional distillation processes instead of a general single distillation. Only the purest solution carefully distilled three times with outstanding flavor is used to complete the rich and refined taste of a hard liquor based on the heritage and history that started from 1924.
- Premium distilled Soju made from liquid of 100% pure rice
- Ilpoom JINRO
- It is the best premium soju that is made up of the best brewing technology in the history and tradition of the country since 1924. We removed impurities by the freezing filtration method, and added a thick and deep flavor and softness by using medium distillation liquid.
- Authentic soju to keep the quality of original - Jinro Gold
- Jinro Gold is very clean with ultra-precision filtration. It has been steadily loved throughout the country, and since its launch in 1993, it has continued the tradition of authentic soju.
Pleasant & Enjoyable Drinking
- Pleasant and sparking- JINRO TokTok Peach, JINRO TokTok Pineapple
- The sparking carbonation in JINRO TokTok brings sweet tastes that can satisfy anyone. The low alcohol content of 3% helps consumers enjoy good times with good people even more.
- Delightful mood Delicious dew - Jinro Grapefruit, Jinro Green Grape
- Grapefruit, which is a slim fruit that women love and green fruit, which is good for restoring fatigue, meets with Korea's representative Soju Chamisul. A fresh and cool taste is added and burden is lowered so everyone can enjoy lightly.
- Sweet elegant plum wine – Maehwasoo, Maehwasoo White
- Maehwasoo, the sweet taste blossoms The premium green plums are carefully selected and cold filtered at a low temperature to create a sweet flavor and smooth taste. Stylish and refined design that reminds of beautiful apricot flowers adds joy to drinking.
Soju handling information
- When opening soju
When opening a soju bottle, carefully rotate the top part of the cap
counterclockwise using your thumb and index finger.
- How to store soju
When storing, avoid high temperature and humidity. Keep in a shaded,
well-ventilated, and cool place away from the sunlight.
- Stevia contained in soju
Stevia is a natural perennial herbal plant belonging to the chrysanthemum family with a refreshing sweet taste.
Although it is 200 to 300 times sweeter than sugar, it has little to no calories. Flying insects are attracted to the alcohol in liquor and the strong fragrance of stevia.is a low-quality mixed
※ Please note that the natural sweetening components of Stevia may attract flying insects into opened soju.
- Is soju made chemically? No.
- For convenience, soju is often called diluted spirit, which makes many consumers and even some experts think that it is a low-quality mixed drink made with chemical process. Diluted spirit, however, is not a term that accurately reflects what soju is. Soju is grain spirit because it is made by fermenting, diluting, and filtering rice, barley, sweet potato, or tapioca. A better term would be to call our products “modern soju.”
- Why do I smell petroleum in soju?
- Petroleum, cosmetics, and other such chemical products are highly volatile. Because soju bottle caps are porous for gases, such evaporated gases may enter the soju bottle, creating unpleasant odors. As such, soju bottles should not be stored in an enclosed space with petroleum products.
- The bottle neck broke when I was opening the bottle cap. What happened?
- Soju bottles are made with glass, and as such their neck, cap, and bottom may break even with light shock during distribution or handling. Consumers are advised to exercise caution as shattered bottles can inflict bodily injuries. If you find damaged products, do not consume and request an exchange at the retail store or a store manager.
- Can glass shards come out when pouring the soju?
- The soju glass can break when a store that stacks and store soju glasses separates them before drinking (figure ③ below) or pieces of broken glass can be found due to external shock such as <figure ④ above> This is an issue occurring in the process of distribution, not production.
- What is the error tolerance for bottle capacity in soju?
- According to the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, bottles with products filled up to the red line are normal.
Misconceptions and truths about JINRO Wine
Wines rich in taste and favor with the undiluted Spanish red wine
- Jinro House Wine Jinro wine that captivated Koreans for a long time is made from the high quality
varieties of Spain, the world's top three wine producing countries and is steadily
loved as an affordable price of house wine with rich taste and flavor Some mistake that there is a “dark red solid residue” in JINRO wine.
But it is a natural ingredient of grapes made of “tartaric acid and polyphenol.”